Saturday, January 7, 2012

Project Life 2011

I have completed most of my Project Life 2011 album. I cannot praise this system highly enough. I was a little skeptical at first as to whether I'd be able to keep it up and whether it would impact on my traditional scrapbooking. Well I must say, apart from the last month with the big move, I have scrapped more than usual this year and I think it is because I don't feel the pressure of being behind. I have so many day-to-day memories recorded that I don't feel like I have to scrapbook every tiny little moment. I feel the pressure has been completely taken off me. I don't feel behind at all and I feel so relieved that Kevin and I have been able to have all of these memories recorded for us not just for the kids. Project Life is our scrapbook. The kids have their own scrapbooks which one day they'll be able to take with them to their lives.

Here is a quick 60 sec video of the first 6 months of our 2011 Project Life.



I will follow tomorrow with some page details for those of you who are interested.

Here are a few of my tips which have made this year's P/L so successful.

  1. I have taken a no-stress approach this year. I haven't minded if I missed a photo a day. I have just made sure I have at least 7 items to include per week, be it receipts, photos, memorabilia, art work, school work, whatever happens in that week. 
  2. I have pre-stamped and day-ed the journaling cards so at the end of each day, or some times during the day, I can whip out a journaling card and get the information down.
  3. I have also tried to include a variety of different types of journaling. Sometimes it's a list of food we've eaten, places we've been, times we've done certain things, other times it's a letter type journal to the kids about what they are doing in the photo, other times it is just a short story of what the photo is about. I think it adds interest. Stops me being bored of how I'm writing. 
  4. I did minimal alterations to the kit. Sometimes I added rhinestones, stitching, doodling, stamps, labels or stickers.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on being finished with your album, I really like your #1 tip (that is how i approach scrapbooking)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving thevideo.but i have a question can you use project life with outthe album or page protectors... Just a question...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting half of it done and great tips to follow and help others :) Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a plan.:-) Love your album!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can use any paper you have in your stash. I'm sure most of us have enough in our stash not to purchase a kit. I used the kit because I didn't have to think about it. No planning, just write and shove it in. In 2010 I made my own kit using my stash. I used WRMK page protectors and that worked well enough but I typed my journaling and found that a really difficult way of staying up to date. Both years I used WRMK albums so you don't need to purchased the album from the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing your album :) The pages look great! I've just started on project life myself this year, thanks for sharing your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your list of tips makes it seem so do-able.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to ask any questions too and I'll get back to you.